Waiver & Release Statement
Please read carefully what you're signing up to.
I/We do hereby agree to the exclusion of liability to the organisers of Cycle the Golden Mile, event directors, officers, sponsors, volunteer groups, or individuals from all claims for injuries and or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) I/We may suffer out of the participation in this event. I also release and forever discharge the above groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties and fines however arising (including negligence). I/We agree to comply with the rules of this event. I/We state that I/We intend competing entirely at my/our own risk.
Safety - You must read all safety information.
- All entrants must attend the pre-race briefing.
- All entrants must wear a NZ Standards Approved bicycle helmet at all times during the event.
- Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks race rules or fails to sign the waiver.
- I/We have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
- I/We hereby consent to receive medical treatment in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- I/We accept that if the event is cancelled I/we will not be given a refund. All entry fees are non-refundable or transferable to another round.
- I/We will inform the event organisers if we are not attending and will not turn up in person if we are sick or feeling unwell. We accept that we will not receive a refund.
- I/We agree that organisers and sponsors of this event may use any information given to the organisers for purposes connected with the event and to provide me/us with details of other products, services and events.
- I/We agree to allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
- I/We realise that I/We may be disqualified and pulled from the event if I am not abiding by these rules.
- If I/We have entered and under 18 years of age, my terms and conditions have been signed by my Parent or Guardian.
- I/We understand that I am not to wear earphones while in the race.
- I/We understand that I am not to have Aero Bars attached to my bike while racing.
- I/We understand that any form of littering during the event may lead to my disqualification from the event.
- I/We agree and confirm that I/We have read, understand and accept all information, rules and waivers as provided on the event entry form and website, and that I/we will abide by the event organisers decisions at all times.